Thanks to my iPhone 6 plus and its amazing camera, I can now go back to doing makeup tutorials!
For my first one back, I decided to use my Makeup Geek eye shadow “Mermaid” because it’s beautiful and I haven’t used it yet. Also, blue can be a hard color to wear so I wanted to give a day time example of how it can be done! So let’s go!
Face Primer- NYX Studio Perfect Photo-Loving Primer.
Eye Base- I’ve been straying away from my Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer and have just been using Maybelline’s Master Concealer in Light/Medium as a base. Then I used a translucent powder to set it.
Eye Shadow Steps
- I started with a Morphe Brushes shadow in “Deep Skin” or ES13 which is close to my skin tone in the crease.
- I grabbed my Naked 2 Basics palette and placed “Undone” (which is a deep cool brown) in the inner and outer corner of my eyes, leaving the center of the lid blank.
- I used “Frisk” in the palette and the Morphe shadow in “Deep Skin” to blend that dark brown out.
- Used my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in “Milk” as a base for the “Mermaid” shadow so that it would really pop. I placed it in the center of my lids and blended it out.
- Once I dipped my brush into the “Mermaid” shadow, I placed a couple drops of e.l.f’s Studio Makeup Lock & Seal onto it. You can use this in place of MAC’s Prep & Prime Fix Plus because it’s supposed to help intensify the shadow. I think it does an okay job but it’s only $2, compared to $22 from MAC. I also hear you can use eye drops, water, etc. Anyway, I patted the blue shadow on the center of my lids and the inner corner of my eye.
- Blend, Blend, Blend! Add more shadow’s if you need to, I know that this took me a bit of time to get it how I wanted it to look.
- After I did the rest of my face, I took that “Undone” shadow and dragged it under my lower lash line.
- For my brow bone, I used “Stark” from the Naked 2 Basics palette.
Mascara- I skipped eye liner because I didn’t want to take away from the blue and just used the Too Faced “Better than Sex” Mascara.
Eyebrows- NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Chocolate.
Foundation- Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless in 322 Warm Honey.
Concealer- Maybelline’s Fit Me Concealer in 20 Sand.
Setting Powder- Rimmel’s Stay Matte powder in 001 transparent.
Bronzer- Physicians Formula Bronze Booster in Medium to Dark.
Blush- I used a matte light pink blush from the limited edition Lorac “The Resort” eye & cheek palette but any matte blush will do!
Contour- The Balm’s Bahama Mama powder.
Highlight- E.L.F Studio Baked Eye shadow in Moonlight. I just wanted a sheen, not something intense like the Mary-Lou Manizer. I wanted the blue to be the focus!
Lipstick- Maybelline’s Color Sensational Creamy Matte lipstick in “Daringly Nude”.
Setting spray- NYX Dewy Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray
Okay, that’s it! Thank you for reading and for chatting with Jack! Leave your thoughts/comments below!
Email me for business inquiries: Mjacksbeauty1225@gmail.com