Happy Friday Everyone!!!
I’m so sorry for missing last Friday, I was moving that day and was too overwhelmed and exhausted to attempt to post. But I’m back! And instead of talking about eye shadows or doing an eye makeup tutorial, I want to review and discuss my FAVORITE product of January 2015:
Rimmel London Provocalips 16 Hr Kissproof Lip Colour!
So I have dry skin, but even drier lips. It’s awful. I used to always think I could never wear lipstick because of how bad it would settle in my lines.
However, this Fall after I watched so many YouTube videos of girls wearing gorgeous Fall colored lipsticks, I said screw it, I’m going to try! Lip gloss just wears off so fast on me (especially with my dry lips) and I haven’t found one that I absolutely love.
Although I have been trying lipstick, I am still not sure how great lipstick looks on me. I think I’m going to try to focus my efforts on discovering an amazing lip balm to apply over night or throughout the day that will give me the moisture I need, so if you guys have any suggestions PLEASE let me know! I also need to drink wayyyy more water which is a major struggle for me. But these Rimmel lip colors are perfect for me because I’d describe them as liquid lipsticks!
What are these?
- They are a “kiss proof, transfer proof, food proof high impact endless colour”.
- Step 1: Apply the color on your lips. Keep them apart to let the color set for about a minute or so.
- Step 2: Apply the “Lock & Shine” to lock in the color; it’s basically a top coat for your lips!
- They are $6.69 at Ulta (but my Ulta has them on sale as buy one get one free!).
Why do I love them so much?
- This formula is specifically perfect for dry lips since it goes on like a liquid lipstick! I love this because when I smile and talk throughout the day, the color doesn’t settle into the lines of my lips, making me look like a crazy person. So far, this is the only lip product I have found that doesn’t settle in my lines after 20 minutes of wearing it.
- You don’t have to touch it up! This is another huge reason why I love this product. When I’m working, I don’t have time to run to the bathroom and touch up my lipstick every hour. I usually have to wipe off all of my lipstick completely and re-apply it because of how bad it settles into my lines. But with this liquid lipstick, I literally touched it up once today (after 6 hours) and all I did was put on another coat of the clear “Lock & Shine” and I was good!
- They really are kiss, food and transfer proof!
- The colors are beautiful and buildable!
- It is not sticky! (just a little bit though, since it is still in a gloss form)
The shades I have are: “Make Your Move”, “I’ll Call You”, and “Play with Fire” (I also have “Kiss Fatal” but I forgot to swatch it, sorry )
I’m telling you guys, these are amazing! Comment below if you’ve tried them already and let me know what you think! Also, if you have any suggestions for amazingly moisturizing lip balms that will help my dry lips, comment with those as well!
My post next Friday will be on an amazing high end palette I just recently purchased so keep an eye out for that!
Thank you for chatting with Jack and I’ll see you next week!